Originally Rumbletums relied solely on a group of fantastic volunteers who dedicated many hours of their time to Rumbletums and many are still with us today. As Rumbletums has grown and nurtured this has allowed six members of staff to be employed, four of which were originally volunteers.
At Rumbletums we rely on our volunteers to work alongside the staff to ensure the best quality training for our young adults. We have two different volunteering roles to ensure that our trainees are supported in both environments at Rumbletums.
Front of House Volunteer:
Supporting a trainee in the café at all times is the primary role of a Volunteer. In the Front of House section of the café, it would be to support our Trainees to do the following jobs, enabling and enhancing their training at all times:
- Greeting customers and showing them to a vacant table.
- Taking customers’ orders and answering any queries regarding menu, food ingredients, etc.
- Making and serving coffee, tea, hot chocolate and/or cold drinks.
- Serving cakes and snacks.
- Clearing and wiping tables.
- Taking money from customers on payment of bill.
- Ensuring that the café area remains clean and tidy.
Working on the exact same basis of the Front of House Volunteers, the role is about supporting the Trainees in the Kitchen environment allowing them to enhance culinary skills and training with the following jobs:
- Washing up and putting away crockery and cutlery.
- Preparing, cooking and serving food (under professional supervision).
- Assisting kitchen staff with other tasks as and when necessary.
- Any other duties as required to maintain the operation of the café and facility
Without our group of amazing volunteers Rumbletums would not be what it is today. If you are interested in volunteering with us, please get in touch via the enquiry form on the ‘Contact Us’ page.