As part of the service we already run for our young people with learning difficulties at the end of March we are hoping to launch our new project, The Rumbletums Job Club. This is something we are very excited about and has been kindly funded by the Broxtowe Health Partnership Lifestyle Fund 2016/16 for resources such as laptops and workbooks.
During 2016 and hopefully further into the future, Rumbletums will be working alongside trainees and helping to prepare them for future employment or volunteering opportunities to coincide with the work based training that we offer. It is of importance that the trainees take the skills Rumbletums has given them and think about how they can apply them to other working organisations.
We begin out first Job Club session at the end of March and look forward to seeing our trainees gain more skills and knowledge.
We will be covering the following skills:
- Assessing individual trainee needs and areas for support, job preferences, skills
- Exploring I.T. and C.V building.
- Completing the ‘Employability Skills Development’ Workbook which is tailored to the needs of the trainees. The workbook covers team working, customer awareness, communication, health and safety in the workplace and problem solving.
- Exploring job opportunities i.e. where they may be advertised, and how to search for jobs online.
- Exploring the various ways in which to apply for jobs i.e. email, online applications, in writing.
If you would like any further information on this please contact Abbigale Faulkner @ firstname.lastname@example.org.